We've started renovating the boy's bathroom. We didn't want to start. We've been dreading it. The last renovation is still too fresh on our minds. But it's like a bandaid, you just gotta rip it off. It'll sting for a minute then it's all better. And this time it will so much better because ... wait for it ... this is our LAST project!! Don't get me wrong, we still have things that we'll want to do to our house. But this is the last renovation. No more ripping down walls and rebuilding! I'm ecstatic! At least I will be when it's done.
Renovating with 3 small children is no picnic. And this is probably the hardest one because it is right between the boys' bedrooms. All week the kids and I have been nomads, spending our days and one of our nights at other people's houses to avoid the hot, dusty mess that is in ours. I stuck the pack-n-play in the back of the suburban and each day set off to find activities for us to do and a place for the boys to take a nap. Thank goodness for family in town! But Jeff and Evan have been working hard on it and it's going fast. The demolition is complete, termite-ridden studs have been replaced, electrical work has been done. It's already time to start rebuilding.
Here's what I'm most excited to get rid of during this project ...
This door. Who designed this door?! It bangs against the cabinets when you walk in. In order to open the cabinets you have to go all the way in and then close the door.
Renovating with 3 small children is no picnic. And this is probably the hardest one because it is right between the boys' bedrooms. All week the kids and I have been nomads, spending our days and one of our nights at other people's houses to avoid the hot, dusty mess that is in ours. I stuck the pack-n-play in the back of the suburban and each day set off to find activities for us to do and a place for the boys to take a nap. Thank goodness for family in town! But Jeff and Evan have been working hard on it and it's going fast. The demolition is complete, termite-ridden studs have been replaced, electrical work has been done. It's already time to start rebuilding.
Here's what I'm most excited to get rid of during this project ...
This door. Who designed this door?! It bangs against the cabinets when you walk in. In order to open the cabinets you have to go all the way in and then close the door.
This horrible, nasty potty. It leaks water from the tank. We have containers under it to catch the water that drips every time it is flushed. It makes the bathroom smell like a gross, musty locker room. So sick!
The tile. Blue and pink. Definitely not my favorite.
Preparing for surgery ...
Scalpel, please ...
The hallway looking toward the bathroom ...
And now the bathroom looking out toward the hallway ...
This picture makes me feel like I need to cough. I can taste the dust and feel like I'm inhaling insulation just looking at it. Ick!








No comments:
Post a Comment