I've worn glasses or contacts since I was in the seventh grade. It started as a bit of trouble reading signs in the distance. Sixteen years and three kids later I'm about as blind as a bat. When I take off my contacts at night, everything is a blur. I can make out forms but not faces, objects but without details. Even colors blend together into an unrecognizable mush. It's a very strange thing to be in such a fog.
On August 31 I hope to be rid of the fog and the contacts and the glasses forever! (at least until I get old and need readers) I'm undergoing laser eye surgery and I'm thrilled! What fun it will be to wake up in the morning and be able to see, to go swim and not lose a contact, and to get to the end of the day without contacts drying my eyes out. It's going to be great. Getting to that greatness, however, is a little daunting. I watched a video about the surgery that had me squirming in my seat. The procedure is quite disgusting! The nurse assured me that with a little valium the 15 minute surgery will be over in no time. I'll then spend the weekend resting my scratchy eyes. The doctor told me that he'd write a prescription for me that included no cleaning, laundry or preparing meals! :) I'm actually quite looking forward to sleeping for a few days! --- until then I'll be going back to my junior high days of wearing glasses full time in preparation for surgery ... good times!

No comments:
Post a Comment