Hudson was so excited for this day! All summer long he asked me, "Is it Fall yet?" He couldn't wait to go to school! He was so excited that the night before his first day I made the rule that he couldn't get out of bed until 7 am. I wanted to make sure he got some good rest before his big day. At 7:07 am he came into our room. He had already gone to the bathroom, gotten dressed, made up his bed, and put on his shoes and socks! He told us he was FAST! Indeed he was and we still had 2 hours before school started! :)
A week before school started we had Get Acquainted Day where we could go see his classroom and meet his teachers. I was very thankful for this day. It was so good for Hudson to see and process everything before I left him there. He was extremely shy that day. He stuck close to me and looked a little worried about the whole situation. We talked it up all week - about how much fun he would have, about all the fun things he would learn, about all the new friends he would make. He regained his excitement and told me that he wouldn't be shy on his first day of school. Sure enough, he walked right in and had a great day. Before I left I told him that I would be back to get him at 2 o'clock. He gave me a serious nod and sat down at his table. And that was that ... I left and when I picked him up he was all smiles! I think it's going to be a great year!
![]() |
| So fun to have 2 friends in his class - Addie & Leila |





No comments:
Post a Comment