I took Garrett to the doctor on Monday for his 2 week check up. Holy cow! This kid has had a major growth spurt in his short little life! When we left the hospital he had dropped from his birth weight of 9 lbs down to 8 lbs 9 oz. Yesterday when they weighed him he was 10 lbs! (that's an increase of 1 lb 7 oz in 10 days!) He had also gotten 1.5 inches longer. The nurse actually measured him twice because she didn't believe it the first time.
I've been pretty tired lately. Garrett eats well (obviously!) and sleeps well. In the middle of the night though he continually wakes up every 3 hours. It makes for long nights and tired days, but now I completely understand. The little guy has been doing some major growing and apparently has just been hungry! I'm glad to know my efforts haven't been in vain. I know he'll start sleeping longer stretches soon and I bet this extra weight will help with that!

No comments:
Post a Comment