Jeff: "Hudson, are you gonna go to college?"
Hudson: "Yes - but first Kindergarten"
Yes, my sweet, practical little boy - first kindergarten. And here he is on his first day ...
Isn't he so cute? I can't believe how big he is! Almost 4 feet tall and going off for his first year of school. He was looking forward to his first day ever since he did his entrance interview in the Spring. He got Mrs. Haest as his teacher (pictured below at Meet the Teacher) and absolutely loves her! We love her too! She has been a family friend for years so we were excited to be in her class!
Aunt Shannon surprised Hudson with a bag full of goodies for his first day! It's a German tradition called Schultute that their family does every year. He got pencils and erasers and toys and snacks and a fun hat that says the Hudson Hawks. He was pumped!
Here we are dropping him off at school - his brothers waiting patiently in the background. He was totally cool with me leaving. I was so thankful for no tears - from him or me! :)
I love this face. He was so sweet to let me take a bunch of pictures. But this face says it all.
"Mom - really? Can you go?"
He came home from his first day and immediately told me, "I didn't learn to read today." I assured him he'd learn eventually. Love this kid! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment