Saturday, August 25, 2012

Corpus Christi


A couple of weekends ago we took the boys to the beach.  It was so fun for our little family to get away for a long weekend.  We had such a good time!  We drove to Corpus Christi on Thursday afternoon so it was getting dark when we arrived.  After talking about the beach for weeks and driving for 7 hours it didn't seem fair to just toss everyone in bed when we got there, so we took a walk down to the surf.  Oh. my. goodness. I had to watch Garrett every second we were down there!  That kid is fearless!  He walked right into the waves and would've just kept going on out to sea.  He really started to scare me after awhile.  I just knew he was going to go under and I wasn't going to be able to find him.  So we called it a night and came back when it was daylight.

Daylight for us meant we were on the beach by 7:30 am.  It was early, but it worked out great.  We missed the crowds and the heat of the day and still got plenty of beach time!  Hudson and Cooper loved "chasing" the waves and making sand castles.  Garrett wanted to be in the ocean as much as possible.  We also spent lots of time at the pool at our condo.  It was such a good weekend!  I'm so glad our kids are all at an age where we can start doing more of these family trips!

All ready for some fun!
That's Jeff way out there with Garrett - our little water baby






The view from our condo - so pretty!
An early morning on the beach meant catching a beautiful sunrise
Cooper being a goof wearing Mommy's hat
Checking out the town - I sent H & C up to the dolphins to take their picture and before I knew it G was up there too.  He did not want to be left out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment