Sunday, December 4, 2011

Ready, Set, Go!

We got our bathroom plans!  We were given three really great options for our bathroom layout, all of which had their own set of pros and cons.  After thinking it all through, Jeff and I decided on 
Option #3.


We did, however, make a change of our own.  We decided to flip flop the sink and entry door.  We did that for a few reasons ... (which you may or may not care about).  The biggest reason was that I really wanted the door to open to the bath tub.  We plan to do a tile or stone wall surrounding the tub.  It's going to be pretty and that's the first thing I want to see every time I walk in (much better than walking in and seeing the door to the potty).  The second reason is silly but I just want it to be different.  New bathroom, new door location, all new! :)  And the last reason is that we plan to put built-in cabinets in the master bedroom and the new door location makes that a lot easier.

So I sat down Saturday morning with some graph paper and made the changes.  Here's my rendering of the plans ...


Next, we taped out the plans on the bathroom floor.  We wanted to make sure it all felt good and that nothing felt cramped or out of place.  It's so hard to visualize it on paper. 


Then, at 4 pm on Saturday afternoon, Jeff made his first of many trips to the hardware store to buy lumber and supplies.  And let the progress begin!  He took out the last remaining wall - we were saving it until the bitter end since it opens to the bedroom and we didn't know where the door would go.

Ugh! What a mess! Cleaning up the remnants of one more demolishion.  I love that you can see our Christmas tree in the background ... Merry Christmas?
As I type, Jeff, his dad and my brother, Evan, have just about finished rebuilding that wall!  We hope to have plumbers come sometime this week to move around all the plumbing.  Yay for progress! :)


1 comment: